- Sweater weather! I love being able to finally enjoy the outdoors! I hate humidity and I’m very sensitive to the sun, so once Autumn hits, I actually like being outside way better than in the summer. It’s the perfect time for bon fires, too.
- Along with sweater weather comes the fall wardrobe! I just love dressing for the cooler temps, with lots of layers, cardis, scarves, and of course knee high boots! So cozy.
- This is so typical… but pumpkin flavored everything!! I am SO going to pull the ‘I liked pumpkin flavored things before it was cool’ card here, ’cause I did! #hipsterwarning From the PSL to Little Debbie pumpkin delights, pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin spice coffee, chai, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin ice cream… any and all things pumpkin flavored win in my book. (Look out for a recipe later this week on how to make your own pumpkin juice a la Harry Potter!!)
- What is better to wash down your favorite pumpkin flavored snack than apple cider? I get so happy when I see it back in the super market and I may have gone through three gallons of it already this year! The pumpkin patch we went to growing up always gave you an apple and a cup of apple cider after you got your pumpkin. It brings back all sorts of good memories. I like it cold the most, but hot and mulled with spices is also great!
- Here in Ohio, we really get the full splendor of the Autumnal season. The foliage is just breath taking. Even on the highway on the drive home from work, the road is lined with trees with their changing leaves. Visiting the Metroparks this time of year is amazing. I love that it’s usually beautiful no matter where I am.
- Halloween! It’s my favorite holiday of the year! Well, so is Christmas… but anyways, I have always loved Halloween. I enjoy dressing up, candy corn, candy in general, handing out candy, decorating my home for the holiday, the history of Samhain, all of it!
- Fall food! Chili, soup, pot roast, the bounty of ripe veggies from the garden, and apple season! It is the perfect time of year for warm, comfort foods! It’s the time of pecan pie, apple crisp, and all kids of baked goods. Not to mention, Thanksgiving happens during Autumn too! One other great thing is that fall food totally lends itself to the crock pot. Set it and forget it!
- Pumpkin patch visits! If you know me, you know my life long dream is to be a pumpkin farmer! Pumpkin patches are magical places! I love everything about them… the hay ride out to the field, searching for the perfect, giant, pumpkin, the farm animals that are usually there, the smell of the hay, just everything.
- Autumnal scents are also amazing. Mulled cider candles, pumpkin spice candles, the Leaves candle from Bath & Body! The smell of Autumn outside… in the forest especially, is wonderful. I love filling my home with candles and cinnamon scented pine cones.
- This one is really personal, but, the busy season at my husband’s work slows down and we are able to spend more time together and with our friends and family together… which is perhaps what I’ve come to love about this season the most!
What about you, what do you love about Autumn? Did I miss anything?